Diet, exercise, sleep, reduce stress—all of the keys to living a healthy lifestyle. So many of us try to achieve these goals and so many of us fail. Why is this the case?
Because so many of us think that if we are just motivated enough the rest will fall in place- and that is the farthest thing from the truth. Living a healthy lifestyle means for many of us making changes in what we do. Changing our daily routines. From eating different to exercising more to taking medication, to getting more sleep—it’s all about knowing how to make change. And making change is not just a matter of being motivated.
To be successful you need to have 3 bases covered.
1. You need to know what to do; which foods, what medications, which exercises etc.
2. You need to want to do it. A simple yes or no will do. If you answer honestly and find that your answer is no then you may want to re-consider the change. Motivation comes and goes. While you may not be motivated right now, that can change over time.
3. You need to know how to make lasting change. Specifically how to set goals, monitor your activities, arrange for success, recruit support and treat yourself...
To put these concepts in action, start off by asking yourself 3 questions
1. Do I know exactly what I need to change?
2. Do I want to?
3. Do I have a plan to move forward?
If your answer is no to any of these- then that’s where you need to focus your efforts.